Sunday, December 27, 2009
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Please join me in congratulating Susan for all her hard word, dedication, and superior insurance skills. - Linda
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
- Jan 27: 2009 MT Insurance Legislative Changes - 12pm - 1pm (1 CE)
- Jan 27: Insurance Tidbits - 1:15pm - 4:15pm (3 CEs)
- Jan 28: Introduction to Commercial Lines - 8am - 12pm (4 CEs)
- Jan 28: Life Insurance Basics - 1pm - 5pm (4 CEs)
Monday, November 30, 2009
We will be holding all December 9th seminars--Insurance Ethics, Insurance E & O Prevention, and 2009 Montana Insurance Legislative Changes--at the Best Western Grant Creek Inn in Missoula. The Grant Creek Inn is located just off Interstate 90 at exit 101. Click here for a link to the hotel.
See you there!
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Do you have any insurance topics you'd like to see included on the curriculum for 2010? Here's what we have at the moment:
- Life Insurance Basics
- Health Insurance Basics
- Personal Auto Policy
- Auto Insurance Hot Buttons
- In-Home Businesses
- Workers' Compensation or General Liability?
- Introduction to Commercial Lines
- Insurance Tidbits
- Insurance Ethics
- Insurance E & O Prevention
Can you think of another basic course you'd like to see? How about an advanced topic? Feel free to leave your comment or send us an e-mail with your suggestion for a new 4-hour insurance CE seminar.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Location: our offices at 1018 Burlington Ave., Suite 101, Missoula, MT. Click here for directions and click here for more information about the course.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
We'll be offering this seminar on the following dates:
- 11/11/2009 - Missoula -- 1pm - 4pm
- 02/25/2010 -- Missoula - 9am - 12pm
- 05/26/2010 -- Missoula -- 12pm - 3pm
- 06/07/2010 -- Great Falls -- 1pm - 4pm
- 07/30/2010 -- Missoula -- 1pm - 4pm
- 11/10/2010 -- Missoula -- 1:15pm - 4:15pm
Visit our website for more information about this, and other CE seminars, at www.faulknereducation.com.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
- 8am - 12pm - Workers' Compensation or General Liability? (4 CEs)
- 1pm - 5pm - Life Insurance Basics (4 CEs)
- 5pm - 6pm - 2009 Montana Insurance Legislative Changes (1 CE)
To register online, click here
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Directions and a downloadable PDF document, complete with photos, are available on our website on the Seminar Locations page.
We are in the section of Burlington Avenue that runs parallel to Mount Avenue, one block south of it, between Russell and Stephens. Missoula Textiles is located at the Russell/Burlington intersection and 4 Seasons Subaru is located at the Stephens/Burlington intersection. Plenty of parking is available beside and behind the building, as well as on the street nearby.
Quite a few restaurants are within a 5-7 minute drive: the Montana Club, Jakers, Paradise Falls and Denny's on Brooks; China Garden in the Stephens Center; Ruby's on Regent' and a number of fast-food places on Brooks: Quiznos, Subway, Wendy's, McDonalds, and Arby's.
Now let's just hope I can learn to make coffee...
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Click here for the 2010 Insurance CE schedule. We offer 11 seminars and 1 online text-based course, including two legislative changes courses (2007 and 2009).
Click here for the 2010 Insurance Pre-Licensing schedule. We offer both Property, Casualty, & Surety and Limited Lines Credit courses.
Beginning on 9/29/2009, our Missoula seminars will be held in our offices at 1018 Burlington Ave., Suite 101, Missoula. Visit our website and click on Seminar Locations for directions.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Well, there are other ways business partners can help each other. Yes, the exchange of $$ - right up front, is the most obvious and appreciated fashion. But referrals, word of mouth, marketing, and promotion are all other ways. In the long run, talking each other up may actually earn each of us more $$ than the purchase of insurance or refrigerators.
No, I'm not crazy. What I am is experienced in the arena of sales and marketing. As another way to promote by myself and my clients, friends, and business partners, I am now writing an online column for Examiner.com. My area of expertise is Self Marketing and I'm publishing articles that focus on:
- "Best" guides to local businesses and services
- Insider tips to these businesses and services
- Resource links on the web, and locally, for your marketing needs
- Other Self Marketing advice and information
If you'd like to be spotlighted in one of my articles, or if you know someone else who would, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to strengthening our relationship and helping each of us achieve a higher level of success.
Monday, August 24, 2009
We'll begin offering the seminar in September, along with Workers' Compensation or General Liability? and In-Home Businesses on September 30th in Missoula.
We hold this one-hour seminar each month; for the remainder of 2009, our schedule includes: Missoula during September, November, and December and in Billings and Kalispell in October.
We expect to have an online text-based 2009 legislative changes course available within the next 3 months.
Click here to visit our 2009 CE Seminar Schedule.
Friday, August 21, 2009
- MISSOULA - seminars (2-4) every month
- KALISPELL - seminars (2-3) in February and October
- BILLINGS - seminars (2-3) in May and September
- GREAT FALLS - seminars (2-3) in June
If you would like us to come to your town, please get in touch. We offer seminars in a public, conference room setting AND in-house.
We are also in the process of writing CE seminars on the following topics:
- Health and Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance - Advanced Subjects
Be sure to let us know if you have other topics of interest.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Updated information will be posted here and on our website at: www.faulknereducation.com.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. The course was not reviewed by the CE Advisory Council at their June 24th meeting. We were told, however, that is slated for review at the July 29th CE Advisory Council meeting.
For those of you who absolutely need the 1-hour of required Legislative Changes by the end of July, we are offering an alternative. We can mail you our TEXT-BASED 2007 Legislative Changes course (which has a different course # than the 2007 Legislative Changes SEMINAR we've been offering) and I will personally proctor/monitor the exam on Thursday, July 30th between 3:30pm and 4:30pm - which was the original time slot planned for the 2009 seminar.
Click here for more info.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Montana Insurance Commissioner Warns Insurance Agents and Brokers About Scam Artists Posing as State Employees
In part, the news states: "Lindeen’s office has received reports from multiple other states that individuals have been calling licensed insurance agencies and representing themselves as employees of the state Commissioners of Insurance. These individuals, pretending to be agency employees, have requested payment for a penalty fee. The same individuals also requested that the insurance agencies provide credit card and social security information over the telephone to make the penalty payment and to avoid cancellation of their license."
Click here to read the entire article.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Part of his job, in addition to investigating complaints and fraud, involves visiting insurance agencies across the state to conduct compliance audits. I was very happy to have passed my audit!
Here's the kind of things the Auditor's Office wants to know:
- Are your insurance producer and consultant licenses posted in your office?
- Do you have separate Trust and Operating bank accounts?
- What kind of duties and transactions are your unlicensed staff members conducting?
- Does anyone in your office have any questions or concerns that he can help you with?
My meeting took very little time and Brian answered all the questions I have. His goal, and that of the State Auditor's Office, is to assure that insurance transactions are processed smoothly and accurately.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach the State Auditor's Office/Department of Insurance at 800-332-6148 or http://sao.mt.gov/.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Since then, we've been contacted by a number of people - both those who attended and those who were referred by our June participants.
Call or e-mail us if you'd be willing to attend CE seminars in Great Falls. It's looking like we'll be adding your town to the schedule in 2010. The more input we have from you, the better we'll be able to meet your needs and requirements.
Office Phone: (406) 542-1045 or (866) 949-1045
Click here to e-mail.
Monday, June 15, 2009
- Health insurance - both individual and group (we're writing it now)
- Disability Income (we're writing it now)
- Worker's Compensation basics (we wrote it for you)
- General Liability basics (we included that with the WC class we wrote for you)
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Care (we're writing it now)
It has also been suggested that we offer CE that meets the approval standards of both the state of Montana and the CFP designation.
Your thoughts? Your suggestions?
Although I can't guarantee that we'll write a class for everyone, I can guarantee that we'll take your suggestions seriously and include in our curriculum as many of your suggested topics as we can.
Thanks for contributing to our success!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Do you have a young sales force that's plugging away but wishing they could find an easier way to get the job done?
Are your marketing efforts leaving you cold? Wishing you had more exciting ways of promoting your business?
Are your customers griping? Do you wish you could keep them happy?
We can help you answer these questions and solve your dilemmas.
We offer a variety of Career Development Workshops addressing a number of topics; Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, and more. We also provide in-house training on these and other topics. Visit our website to check out some of the workshops we've already successfully presented or give us a call to discuss arranging workshops that fit your needs.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
They ARE however, required to obtain 5 credit-hours of approved continuing education in the areas of law, ethics, or surety bond-specific instruction.
The legislation became effective when enacted in April.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
SB 127, Section 10 states: "Applicability. [Section 8] applies to 24-month periods for obtaining continuing education beginning on or after January 1, 2010." Licensees may take courses to meet this requirement after 1/1/10 and must first report compliance 1/1/12.
Faulkner Education Services has been offering an Ethics seminar since January 0f 2007 that has been approved for 4 hours of CE in Montana. We are offering this seminar on the following dates in 2009 - and may add more dates to our calendar, depending upon the needs of our clients:
- July 31, 8am - 12pm, Missoula - Best Western Grant Creek Inn
- December 9, 8am - 12pm, Missoula - Best Western Grant Creek Inn
We also offer in-house seminars and will be happy to discuss arranging in-house offering of our Insurance Ethics seminar.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
We've also found that many licensed producers and adjusters wait until the last minute to obtain their CE hours - OR they discover at the last minute that they're short the 1-hour of required legislative changes/law or a couple of credits.
Our CE MARATHON was designed to help these people. We hold 4 days of non-stop CE seminars during the last week of July, offering a total of OVER 24 approved hours of CE for:
- Insurance Adjusters
- Insurance Producers, including: Property/Casualty, Life/Disability, Title, and Surety
- Limited Lines Producers (we offer 5 hours for them)
This year's CE Marathon begins on Tuesday, July 28th and runs through Friday, July 31st. We currently have a hotel room block at the Best Western Grant Creek Inn in Missoula (where the seminars are being held) so you can take advantage of discounted room rates. To visit our schedule, click here.
See you in July!
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
MISSOULA - Wednesday, JUNE 3RD at the Best Western Grant Creek Inn:
- Introduction to Commercial Lines - 8am - 12pm -- (4 CEs)
- Life Insurance Basics - 1pm - 5pm -- (4 CEs)
- NO LAW/LEGISLATIVE CHANGES SEMINAR IN MISSOULA IN JUNE
GREAT FALLS - Friday, JUNE 5TH in the conference room at the Great Falls Association of Realtors
- In-Home Businesses - 8am - 11am -- (3 CES)
- Insurance E & O Prevention - 12pm - 3pm (3 CEs)
- 2007 MT Insurance Legislation Review - 3:30pm - 4:30pm (1 CE)
Saturday, May 2, 2009
- Introduction to Commercial Lines - 8am - 12pm - (4 CEs)
- Insurance Tidbits - NEW CLASS - 1pm - 4pm (3 CEs)
- 2007 MT Insurance Legislation Review - 4:30pm - 5:30pm (1 CE)
We have seating for a few extra people, so feel free to walk in!
Seminars will be held at the Holiday Inn Grand at 5500 Midland in Billings.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Looking forward to next week's seminars in Billings. Then back to Missoula on June 3rd and out to Great Falls on June 5th.
FYI, I'll be teaching a CIC Institute for the National Alliance in Casper, Wyoming May 13-15 and a CISR for MIEF/IIAMT in Kalispell on May 21st.
Monday, April 27, 2009
- 8am - 12pm - Introduction to Commercial Lines - 4 CEs
- 1pm - 4pm - Insurance Tidbits - 3 CEs (NEW CLASS!)
- 4:30pm - 5:30pm - 2007 Montana Insurance Legislation Review
Visit our website at http://www.faulknereducation.com/ and click the Seminar CE for more info or to register.
If you mention Blog Confirmation #42909A in the Comments section of your online registration form, we'll waive the last-minute registration fee of $10!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Does this mean you have to take a 2009 Legislative Changes course once the 2009 Legislative Session is over? NO!
It means that you have to attend a Legislative Changes course that has been approved by the Montana Insurance Continuing Education Program and which doesn't bear the same, exact course number of a course you've taken within the past 24 months.
Here's a tip: each CE provider in Montana receives its own CE Course Numbers. For example, if Faulkner Education Services is offering a Legislative Changes course, it's course number is totally different from the Legislative Changes courses offered by other CE providers. In fact, Faulkner Education currently offers TWO Legislative Changes courses and EACH of them has a different number.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
- Insurance CE Seminars
- Limited Lines Producer Pre-licensing course
- Insurance Training on Customer Service, Sales, Marketing, and Networking
Advantages of In-House events:
- You choose the topics and dates
- 3-4 hour seminars and workshops so your entire staff can attend, but your office isn't under-staffed during the event
- Discounted pricing
- Choose from our curriculum or hire us to develop and write seminars, workshops, and trainings to meet your needs
- Relaxed atmosphere
Call me to inquire about arranging In-House CE Seminars, insurance training, or business development workshops.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
- 8am - 11am -- In-Home Businesses -- 3 CEs
- 12pm - 3pm -- Insurance E & O Prevention -- 3 CEs
- 3:30pm - 4:3pm -- 2007 Montana Insurance Legislation Review -- 1 CE
All three seminars are approved for CE by the Montana Insurance Continuing Education Program. They'll be held at the conference room at the office of the Great Falls Association of Realtors.
For more details, or to register online, visit our website at: www.faulknereducation.com.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
- The 24-month period during which CE must be taken ENDS with your license renewal date and does NOT BEGIN with the date you obtained your license.
- All licensed adjusters and producers--with the exception of Limited Lines Producers, must complete 24 hours of CE during their renewal period. (YES,this includes Title, Surety, and Life-only or PC-only producers!
- The requirement prohibiting a producer from repeating the same CE course for credit within a 24-month period is much less strict than a lot of people believe: (1) The topic is not restricted - you CAN take more than one auto seminar or law seminar. (2) The restriction applies to the course #. (3) Each CE provider in MT receives a separate course # for each of their courses. If Faulkner Education Services offers a 2007 Legislative Changes/Law seminar, it's course # is unique and totally different from all other providers' course #s.
For more information, visit the following links:
- Our web site: http://www.faulknereducation.com/CE%20Info.htm
- The Montana DOI web site: http://sao.state.mt.us/insurance/CElaw.pdf
Friday, April 10, 2009
- Convenience - your staff doesn't need to lose time travelling
- Control - you pick and choose the seminar topics that will prove most beneficial to your staff
- Cost-effective - most in-house offerings are less expensive because we do not incur the costs of a hotel conference room, beverages, and snacks
We offer the following In-House Seminars and Workshops:
- Insurance continuing education
- Limited Lines Producer pre-licensing
- Career development
- Miscellaneous training and motivation
Call for more information!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
If you'd like to schedule in-house training or seminars at your business, let us know!