- Approximately 1 in 8 drivers will be involved in an accident in a given year (National Safety Council);
- Nationwide in 2005, 2 cars were stolen every minute (Better Business Bureau);
- Speed is one of the most common factors causing car wrecks (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration);
- The highest incidence of claim frequency and severity among vehicles of model year 2007, 2008, and 2009 occurred with very large luxury sport utility vehicles (Highway Loss Data Institute);
- Only 75% of all costs related to car accidents are covered by insurance (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety);
- After an accident, the average car is in the repair shop for nearly 2 weeks; and
- Nationwide, 19% of all motor vehicles involved in accidents are uninsured (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety).
If you rent a car, who's going to pay for it--you or your insurance company?
On average, the annual cost to buy rental reimbursement coverage on your auto policy is less than the cost to rent a car for two days.
Want to know more? Just ask!